Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Lust Lost



image from Amazon

Lust Lost

“If you want to succeed with women, just tell them

that you are impotent.”--Cary Grant.


Damn,

there was a time

when a slight breeze

could prompt an erection.

When aroused

I would bellow like a bull

chasing heat,

quivering with vociferous groans

as I dribbled and seethed

with excitement.


Back then,

when limbs were limber.

there was no need

to embellish my adventures.

Thank Cupid,

there was always

plenty of eager women

to reciprocate my rip-roaring

romantic forays.


But egad,

these grayish days,

with hoar frost for hair,

limited mobility,

and a reduced libido,

my role as a Lothario

is limited to the

erotic lines

in my poetics;

More’s the pity.



Glenn Buttkus


Posted over at d'Verse Poet's Pub

17 comments:

Laura Bloomsbury said...

I would never have credited the word choices would give rise! to an x-rated sounds and sights poetics Glenn (particularly liked the "hoar frost for hair,")
P.S. I could just about spot the hearing words ;)

Sanaa Rizvi said...

This is absolutely magnificent a poem, Glenn! I smiled at; "Thank Cupid,there was always plenty of eager women to reciprocate my rip-roaring romantic forays." Such a pleasure to read you again, my friend 💝💝

Carol J Forrester said...

Agreeing with Laura, "hoar frost for hair" is a wonderful piece of imagery. The rest of the poem is also quite vivid.

JadeLi said...

Glenn, I appreciate your rueful honesty and really wish I could say I can't relate to it. I think it may be a matter of hormones as much as the hoar frost. Not to minimize anything -- no pun intended -- at least there is still poetry to revel in the idea of it.

robkistner said...

In all my years brother, in all of my bands, through all of the late-night-early-AM’s — I never met a whore that wasn’t at least a bit frosted… 😏😉🤣

Ron Rowland said...

Laughing all the way

Ron. Lavalette said...

Just a breeze, you say? Hmmmm....

K.Hartless said...

Sizzling piece. Made me want to read more about this character. Do you write about him often?

forestbather said...

Real, roaring truth...how does one live with what was only once before? Superb poetry.

Jewish Young Professional "JYP" said...

Wonderfully creative take. I enjoyed this from that fantastic opening through the end.

ben Alexander said...

You've certainly aroused a lot of laughter with this one, Glenn! Fantastic!

-David [ben Alexander]

Jane Dougherty said...

Yeah yeah, Glenn. We were all super heroes back then :)

Ingrid said...

This was quite a ride, Glenn: well done!

paeansunplugged said...

Lol! I was grinning as I read this!

brudberg said...

Oh I love this and it's alas all too true... but there is a lot of angst disappearing as well with that libido I think.

Marion Horton said...

Haha! Love your limp Lothario! Egad!

lillianthehomepoet.wordpress.com said...

Well you certainly rose to the occasion.....rose to the challenge....
Smiling I am. Truth told in a humorous way.