Saturday, April 5, 2008

Six Mechanical Haiku



Doug Palmer sold three of his lifelong companions, specially built, cherished, customized, and sitting idle for several years in his driveway. He has begun to wipe the slate clean, to gather new outlooks, to create a new agenda. He wrote a little somethin--somethin about all this:

Six Mechanical Haiku.

1, For Karl;

Adventure

Bertha Benz drove a car
Down to the chemist's shop
In eighteen eighty five

2, For Rudy;

Commerce

If you squeeze air
it becomes hot enough to burn
Add fuel
Bang!

3, For Henry;

JoyBouncing,

Rattling Model T Ford
Banging, popping
The ragtime car

4, For Enzo;

Freedom
Isn't it lovely
Bright red paint
Twelve cylinders
We go very fast

5, For all the drivers in the world;

Traffic jam
Look at that road
All those cars
Damn, I'm late
Honking only makes it worse

6, For a few brief seconds;

Escape

Quarter mile
...Four seconds
...Not enough time

Haiku, lowku, you decide.

Real Haiku, yer s'posed to reference the appropriate season.
Also, syllable count is different in Japanese.
Not that I've even got that right.

Doug Palmer April 2008

4 comments:

Lane Savant said...

Actually, I wrote Six Haiku several years ago.
I was still driving the ALFA to school then.
This piece was the score involved in the famous Seattle Symphony/Me copyright contretemps.
LOL

Lane Savant said...

Oh yeah,
I'm reading a book of Baseball haiku.
Edited by...let me get my reading glasses here...
Cor van den Heuvel and Nanae Tamura

Glenn Buttkus said...

The full text of the Palmer versus SSO debacle, or the copyright contretemps is on FEEL FREE TO LAUGH for Monday, April 7, 2008.

It is a hoot and certainly worth the read.

Unknown said...

TESTIMONY


Hello my name is Anna Anderson from United Kingdom, I never believe in love spells until I experience Dr. Samuel Oduduwa temple, and after he cast a love spell for me, my Ex husband who left me and 2 of our kids for 3years called me to apologize for the pain that he has caused me and till today we are living a happy family, if you need a right place to solve your problems contact DR ODUDUWA SAMUEL is the right choice. he is a great man that have been casting spells with years of experience, and his spell is absolutely harm free. he cast spells for different purposes like:

(1)If you want your ex back.
(2) if you always have bad dreams.
(3)You want to be promoted in your office.
(4)You want women/ men to run after you.
(5)If you want a child.
(6)[You want to be rich.
(7)You want to tie your husband/wife to be yours forever.
(8)If you need financial assistance.
(9)Herbal care

Contact him today on: dr.oduduwasamuelhightemple@gmail.com


Yours Sincerely,
Anna Anderson.