Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Push


Push"

Every time I look at you
the world just melts away
All my troubles
all my fears
dissolve in your affections
You've seen me
at my weakest
but you take me as I am
And when I fall
you offer me
a softer place to land

You stay the course
you hold the line
you keep it all together
You're the one true thing
I know I can believe in
You're all the things that I desire,
you save me,
you complete me
You're the one true thing
I know I can believe

I get mad so easy
but you give me room to breathe
No matter what I say or do
'cause you're too good to fight about it
Even when I have to push
just to see how far you'll go
You wont stoop
down to battle
but you never turn to go

Your love is just the antidote
when nothing else will cure me
There are times I cant decide
when I cant tell up from down
You make me feel less crazy
when otherwise I'd drown
But you pick me up
and brush me off
and tell me I'm OK
Sometimes thats just what we need
to get us through the day

Sarah McLachlan

No comments: