Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Sean Penn Speaks


At this stage, what would be rewarding would be for audiences to want to watch.
Sean Penn

Child-rearing is my main interest now. I'm a hands-on father.
Sean Penn

I don't have any particular excitement about working with any specific director or actor at this point.
Sean Penn

I like to believe that love is a reciprocal thing, that it can't really be felt, truly, by one.
Sean Penn

I love acting, truly my favorite people are actors.
Sean Penn

I really love to make movies.
Sean Penn

I think life's an irrational obsession.
Sean Penn

I think that I've still not been successful at playing the role of the retired actor, and I'd like to work on that.
Sean Penn

I think we all have light and dark inside us.
Sean Penn

I think you start to prepare the minute you read something.
Sean Penn

I'm not a breakfast eater.
Sean Penn

I've never really been one to get what they call stage fright so much.
Sean Penn

If there's anything disgusting in the movie business, it is the whoredom of my peers.
Sean Penn

If you're willing to put two thoughts into a picture then you're already ahead of the game.
Sean Penn

In between, I go broke because I seem to do movies where you're not paid a lot as an actor.
Sean Penn

It has nothing to do with the emotional demands of a role; I've done comedies that are as draining to me as any drama.
Sean Penn

Love is a mess, at best, and I figure it can be very real in spite of all the things people try to attach to it.
Sean Penn

Marriage ain't easy, but it's great most of the time.
Sean Penn

My favorite thing to do is not act - it's that simple.
Sean Penn

Oh, I'm a big-mouth. I said a lot of things.
Sean Penn

On any movie I'm involved with, I say what I think.
Sean Penn

Sacrificing American soldiers or innocent civilians in an unprecedented preemptive attack on a separate sovereign nation may well prove itself a most temporary medicine.
Sean Penn

So if we have anything original to offer, it's to speak from our own life about the society we're in.
Sean Penn

Somewhere along the line, the actions of this government are the actions of me.
Sean Penn

That on a romantic level, if you feel it about somebody and it's pure, it means that they do too.
Sean Penn

The bottom line is, you love your wife, you do your best with that.
Sean Penn

There are a few directors around who I have some excitement about spending my $7 at the theatre watching their movies.
Sean Penn

There is no re-inventing the wheel.
Sean Penn

There's a lot of mediocrity being celebrated, and a lot of wonderful stuff being ignored or discouraged.
Sean Penn

There's not a lot of good movies being made.
Sean Penn

Well, I think that when you direct a movie or write it. And in the case of the two movies I did, I wrote and directed, they occupy a special place for you.
Sean Penn

Well, look at all of these summer blockbusters. You can't help but laugh a little, because you've already seen a lot of these movies 482 times.
Sean Penn

What happens is things come to you - director, script - and if you respond to it, it's because it's tapping into some part of what's inside you, and different roles tap into different parts.
Sean Penn

Yeah, I had a tremendous time shooting in Nebraska. I like that state a lot, all over it.
Sean Penn

Yeah, I had actually tried to stop acting before I made Dead Man Walking.
Sean Penn

You try to do your best at what you're getting paid for.
Sean Penn

No comments: