Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Life

Image from Dana Jackson


Life


My eyes are open with power
I could posess,
If only I would allow it in.
But the flame burns from right to wrong,
The feel for life,
the wave for the dream.
I caught a fleeting glimpse
out of the corner of my eye,
I turned, and it was gone.
I know its alive,
Im just keeping it inside.
The lights are on, but nobodys home.
Im still waiting.
Ive seen people walk into the sea,
just to find a memory.
See, Ive already waited too long,
and my hope is almost gone.
Its like a dream,
No end and no beginning.
Just got to try,
and not let this thing die.
Into the dark it goes.
Its not a miracle thats needed,
Its mercy.
Im the sun,
Im the air,
Its so not fair.
I am human, just like you,
So I want to know,
Is there anyone like me....
Like you?

Dana Jackson

Posted on her Facebook page

No comments: