Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Time Traveling

Image borrowed from Yahoo


Time Traveling


tonight
careful hands
peel back cracked
and yellowed protectant
from dark and aging pages

soured
in long-ignored

dusty albums
my wife is liberating memories
life moments

immortalized
faces and places

call from another time
a beautiful young bride

a proud new husband
our sweet children
living

and not
family and friends

here and gone
other visuals
strangely vague
yet hauntingly familiar
draw me

spark warm recall
remembered laughter

tears gratefully less bitter
captured images

collect on our coffee table
so too
do insistent emotions
cascading one by one

and all together
time

the grand thief
who would steal
the treasures of our heart
who would hold hostage

the moments of our journey

beautifully arrested
deeply moved
tears well and glisten
stirred by heartfelt gratitude
for this proof of life

proof
of love

Rob Kistner

Posted over on his site Image-Verse

1 comment:

Jannie Funster said...

I want to dive into that book and roll down the hills of its pages.

I want to kiss it under my pillow each night while a far off actor cries.

i want to carry it with me to every stage in Paris to sing and dance with,

then return to this blog where red hat girl in a garden will one day appear.

xoox

and oh boy -- my word verification... forsins.

for sins?

:)

xo