Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Skeleton Shore: Barbados


image borrowed from bing

Skeleton shore ( Barbados)

You are soothing, soft hearted,
unbroken wind chime symphony
of dark skin, gun metal skin.

So near you are breathing me in:
the swell of this skeleton shore
glass bottomed boat, rum punch high

on the polo field……..

where the whites drink champagne
slide pitch perfect with the sugar
of black pride.

You are soft sealed symphony
of life, of love……black clouds hide
rain, rain in my heart soothed

by the drumming of the tide.

So many seas under the thunder
of yesterday: single sail, long legs rest
oblique in the sand

butterflies in my mind, the bones
of dead reef drifting; you seep under the skin
of my dreams……to comfort me.

Victoria Mosley

Posted on her site Victoria Mosley , and her Facebook page.

No comments: