Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Blackthorne Episode 148


image from pinterest.com


 Blackthorne


Cinemagenic 148


Dream Cast


“Before we get into the continuing adventures of

Rod Buck and the gang, for those who have created

a ‘movie of the mind” with this saga, I have put

together what I consider my “Dream cast” And

production company. Feel free to comment on my

choices, or nominate actors you would prefer. Just

have fun.”--Glenn Buttkus


Blackthorne Dream Credits


Director:  J.J. Abrams or Taylor Sheridan


Producers: Ben Affleck, Matt Damon, Brad Pitt,

Erwin Stoff


Cinematographer:  J. Michael Muro


Music Score:  Quincy Jones and Ry Cooder


Based on a novel by Glenn Buttkus


Screenplay:  Glenn Buttkus


                       CAST LIST


ROD BUCK:   Ben Affleck

SALINA WALLACE: Jennifer Lawrence

HENRY WALLACE:  Kurt Russell

JOHNNY EAGLE:  Wes Studi

CASH BRONSON:  Russell Crowe

THOR BRONSON:  Keanu Reeves

PAUL BRONSON:  Casey Affleck

JOE HOP:  Matt Damon

BILL BUCK:  Viggo Mortensen

BETTY BUCK: Amy Adams

BARBER: Steve Buscema

BLACKSMITH: Lee Majors

MATEO: Lou Diamond Phillips

DOC SWEENEY: Brad Pitt

DEPUTY: Paul Dano

RYKER: Stephen Lang

GRAFF: Oliver Platt

RAMOS: Alfred Molina

PORCH RIDERS:  Tommy Lee Jones

                               Samuel L. Jackson

                               Michael Keaton

NARRATOR: Matthew McConaughey

CAMEOS:  Sam Elliott, Tom Selleck, Andy Garcia, 

Frances McDormand, Melissa McCarthy, Josh

Brolin, Jeff Bridges, Jean Smart, Patrick Duffy, 

Adrian Sparks, Gregg Henry, and Erwin Stoff.



...to be continued


Glenn Buttkus


Posted over at d'Verse Poet's Pub


15 comments:

sarah said...

is Lee Majors still alive???

Great cast, though. I'd watch it.

forestbather said...

The real star there is Ry Cooder..

brudberg said...

I love the cast... and a dream indeed. I look forward to the continuing saga.

Merril D. Smith said...

I'm with Ain and Ry Cooder--perfect.

Christopher Reilley said...

I would pay to watch a movie with those three "Porch Riders," LOL.

Sanaa Rizvi said...

Oh my goodness! What a fabulous cast selection this is, Glenn! I would love to see Buck and Salina played by Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lawrence. Wow!!πŸ’πŸ’

Gillena Cox said...

Nice to let us know the progress.

Much love...

JadeLi said...

Glenn, delightful!!!!!!!!!! I'm with you all of the way on your choices. What do we do next?? I think Ben has it in him to play Buck.

Kerfe said...

Yes, Ry Cooder is perfect! Love the porch riders especially.

Sunra Rainz said...

I love your cast list, Glenn! Yes to Keanu Reeves. Though Melissa McCarthy ought to have a bigger part surely?! :-)

Tricia said...


Sounds like a blockbuster! It's always good to visualize your characters and it's hard not to bring up my favorite actors faces and voices when writing my own fiction as well!

Truedessa said...

Now, that was fun and a nice distraction. It seems like Kevin Costner should be in there somewhere..."Dances with Wolves" comes to mind. I would def watch. Maybe, Tanaya Beatty could be an option? Would love to watch this on the big screen.

Gayle Walters Rose said...

You chose an all-star cast, Glenn. How fun for you to come up with all those talents to make your story come to life. Quincy Jones and Ry Cooder on the music score...perfect. And I love me some Viggo...and many others. This was fun to daydream along with you.

paeansunplugged said...

Ry Cooder definitely seals the deal with a fantastic cast!

Ufa88kh said...

Thanks for sharing such an informative post with us and also the best
wordpress
blogspot
youtube
αž”្រដាαž›់តាαž˜αž’αž“αž‘ាαž‰