Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Blue Highway


Blue Highway"


So long,
big city;
it's time to say goodbye.
I'm longing for
those country roads;
I need to see
the sky.

Think I'll take
a swing down south,
visit Tennessee.
See if that girl,
Annie
still remembers me.

Gonna take
that blue highway
and leave
this sorry town.
Stayed too long,
but now I'm gone,
and I know
where I'm bound.
I don't wanna take
the interstate;
it represents all the things
I hate.

I'm rollin' down
that blue highway.
So long, confusion;
it's time
to slow things down.
Say goodbye
to my old friends,
ease on out of town.
I made me some money here
but paid for ev'ry day.
And ev'ry mile
just makes me smile,
'cause I made
my getaway.

Gonna take
that blue highway
and leave this sorry town.
I've stayed too long,
but now I'm gone,
and I know
where I'm bound.

I've had it
up to here with worry.
From now on,
I'm in no hurry,
rollin' down
that blue highway. I'll be ridin'
that blue highway and leave this sorry town.I've
stayed too long, but now I'm gone, and I know
where I'm bound.I've had it up to here with
worry.From now on, I'm in no hurry, rollin' down
that blue highway.I'll be rollin' down that blue highway.
You can find me on that blue highway.

Neil Diamond

No comments: