Thursday, March 3, 2011

Spring Thaw

Painting by Sarah Linda Poly


Spring Thaw

Evermore so entangled
and bound to the daily grind
Finding respite in a Friday evening
Been a week that seems like eons
to a weekend that flashes by
with lightspeed
Yet monday morning I smile
knowing that this may suck
But I'm here to carry it out
Waiting for the warm days
and mesquite barbeques
I find myself in the sun, almost
chasing it and it's fleeting moments
"hey come back here!"
"Get the flock outta here Ol man winter!'
Time to absorb spring and it's profound
ANEW

Stephen Carpenter

Posted over on his Facebook page.

2 comments:

Jannie Funster said...

Bring on the mesquite barbecues, baby! And the beer and steak.

xoxo

Glenn Buttkus said...

Stephen is my cousin, from Spokane.
I dig the BBQ suggestions!