Thursday, May 7, 2020

Donny Dunce



image from dailykos.com


Donny Dunce

“Donald Trump was the dumbest goddamn
student I ever had.”--Professor William T. Kelley.

Yes, we all worried
that someone would shoot Barack
Obama, but not Trump.
His bizarre surreal term drones
on like the lunatic on
the corner every morning
on your way to work; so sad.

The Corona attacked
Boris Johnson, but did not
take him down, while Trump’s
overwhelming stupidity lets him
dare the virus to smite him.
Damn a universe that lets
Trump/Corona to co-exist.

*********************************

Thats right, I do not feel ashamed
pointing directly at our President,
while shouting the things I have blamed
the Donald for. How many rules can be bent
before you stand up saying: I will not abide
any more moronic misrule.
It’s time to turn back the irrational tide,
time to flush the big orange stool.
Try to even imagine any other scene
where Trump would even be allowed
to lead us down so many twisted and mean
streets, where so many are kowtowed

into being mindless spineless clueless robots.
singing: We’re the Haves--you’re the Have Nots


Glenn Buttkus

Long Tankas
Shakespearian Sonnet

Posted over at d'Verse Poets Pub MTB


11 comments:

Jade Li said...

::::::APPLAUSE::::::: I admire how well you flay this piece of rotting meat.

Dwight L. Roth said...

Your really laid him out in this one. It is not hard to see where you stand!

Did the fourteen lines put a cramp in your style??

Kerfe said...

There's not one good thing to say about that man. (K)

Frank Hubeny said...

When I heard Boris Johnson was critically ill with this virus that was the first time I took this virus seriously. And now the death toll is larger than I imagined it would get. And I hear there may be a re-occurrence in the fall. Next year, I will take that flu shot (if I'm still around).

indybev said...


Your razor tongue is unsurpassed, Glenn. I share your disdain for the classless, crude, ignorant bastid who somehow villifies the oval office.

Kim M. Russell said...

Bev is right about your razor tongue, Glenn! I have often had similar thoughts to those expressed in your poem. I like the ‘so sad’ you sneaked in, I heard his voice and it made me cringe – only you can do that! Let’s hope the virus takes him up on his dare. Maybe Trump was Mother Nature’s warning and the virus is her back-up – her trump card!

kate said...

a true masterpiece of rhetoric and wordsmithing ... couldn't agree more!

Christine Irving said...

Bravo - couldn't agree more

Linda Lee Lyberg said...

I keep thinking to myself that this house of cards must surely topple, but nothing yet. I sit here astounded each day by his moronic antics.

Truedessa said...

No need to feel shame, you just said what so many of us feel. I don't understand this man's appeal. At every turn on the path, he has made bad choices and continues to spiral us down this road of destruction. The disrespect some of his followers have is problematic.

brudberg said...

I am amazed at his stupidity ... often even shooting himself in the foot if he wants to get results.