Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Jeff Bridges Speaks


As far as Beau is concerned, we're on the same team, we root for each other. If my parts are slightly more attractive, or are perceived that way by others, he's very content.
Jeff Bridges

I had a great '70s. I survived it, and that's always good news.
Jeff Bridges

I had years of partying, and I was kind of surprised and happy I survived it all. Now, being a parent, I look back on it thinking, Oh God, the things you did!
Jeff Bridges

I love John Irving's stuff. It's that marriage of comedy and tragedy. It's really terrific.
Jeff Bridges

I'm very manipulative towards directors. My theory is that everyone on the set is directing the film, we're all receiving art messages from the universe on how we should do the film.
Jeff Bridges

I've had really great experiences working with first-time directors. They come at filmmaking with fresh ideas. I've been very lucky that way.
Jeff Bridges

Most cynics are really crushed romantics: they've been hurt, they're sensitive, and their cynicism is a shell that's protecting this tiny, dear part in them that's still alive.
Jeff Bridges

Movies are like magic tricks.
Jeff Bridges

Nowadays, in the contract that actors sign, you have to agree that you're going to do a certain amount of publicity-the hard part they don't pay you for.
Jeff Bridges

The problem with the designated driver programme, it's not a desirable job. But if you ever get sucked into doing it, have fun with it. At then end of the night drop them off at the wrong house.
Jeff Bridges

Working with my dad was such a gas. We approached the work in a similar way. We only made two films together when I was an adult, Tucker, and Blown Away, but it was so much fun to play with your parent like that.
Jeff Bridges

No comments: