Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Jim Carrey Speaks


A lot of good love can happen in ten years.
Jim Carrey

Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes.
Jim Carrey

But, you know, you can't be a star at home.
Jim Carrey

Desperation is a necessary ingredient to learning anything, or creating anything. Period. If you ain't desperate at some point, you ain't interesting.
Jim Carrey

Either you're the one erasing or you're the one being erased.
Jim Carrey

I don't think human beings learn anything without desperation. Desperation is a necessary ingredient to learning anything or creating anything. Period. If you ain't desperate at some point, you ain't interesting.
Jim Carrey

I just want to be myself.
Jim Carrey

I love playing ego and insecurity combined.
Jim Carrey

I really believe in the philosophy that you create your own universe. I'm just trying to create a good one for myself.
Jim Carrey

I want to be the greatest actor that ever lived, frankly. I'd love that. But I don't need to be. I just want to be here. That's it.
Jim Carrey

I'm the first to admit this whole salary thing is getting out of control. In the final analysis, it's still about the work.
Jim Carrey

I'm very serious about no alcohol, no drugs. Life is too beautiful.
Jim Carrey

I've arrived at the place if I'm not taking a career risk, I'm not happy. If I'm scared, then I know I'm being challenged.
Jim Carrey

If you aren't in the moment, you are either looking forward to uncertainty, or back to pain and regret.
Jim Carrey

If you've got a talent, protect it.
Jim Carrey

Maybe other people will try to limit me but I don't limit myself.
Jim Carrey

Maybe there is no actual place called hell. Maybe hell is just having to listen to our grandparents breathe through their noses when they're eating sandwiches.
Jim Carrey

Morgan Freeman is so class. He's so cool. He's so scary.
Jim Carrey

My family kinda hit the skids. We were experiencing poverty at that point. We all got a job, where the whole family had to work as security guards and janitors. And I just got angry.
Jim Carrey

Originality is really important.
Jim Carrey

People need motivation to do anything. I don't think human beings learn anything without desperation.
Jim Carrey

Some nights it was a melee, literally, where I'd be standing trying to defend myself for what I was doing. People would be screaming at me to do my old act, and getting actually violent and angry at me.
Jim Carrey

That's the trouble with being me. At this point, nobody gives a damn what my problem is. I could literally have a tumor on the side of my head and they'd be like, 'Yeah, big deal. I'd eat a tumor every morning for the kinda money you're pulling down.'
Jim Carrey

No comments: