Monday, May 19, 2008

Tilda Swinton Said


Faith is in the eye of the beholder.
Tilda Swinton

I always think of the word 'abandonment' when I think of the character.
Tilda Swinton

I felt clearly that the atmosphere of the film is about loneliness, and existentialist loneliness - in all the characters, including my own.
Tilda Swinton

I knew Spike Jonze would do something really interesting with it.
Tilda Swinton

I wasn't around when Nic was playing Donald. I was around with Charlie.
Tilda Swinton

I've been on the other side of the table many times, trying to get people to be sympathetic to projects, and I've been the victim of that kind of intense kindness masking extreme stupidity.
Tilda Swinton

It may be unfair of me but I do feel I know it.
Tilda Swinton

It was an amazing performer. Very temperamental, it spent a lot of time in its trailer.
Tilda Swinton

It's pretty much the best original screenplay I've ever read, for a start. Then there's the team - they're a fantastic group of people.
Tilda Swinton

Nic's Charlie is something very particular. You can't really put them together. It's a phantasm.
Tilda Swinton

She's not a talker, or an intellectual, and she's a woman at a certain stage of her life who's already made a certain amount of choices.
Tilda Swinton

So we had this moment with the fly, and we all thought: 'Well, you can't hope to direct a fly. If it walks around a bit, that will be enough.'
Tilda Swinton

What he's done is recognise the cinematic nature of the book. It's beautifully realised - it's a beat film.
Tilda Swinton

No comments: