Thursday, April 11, 2019

Trump's Travelogue




taken from Ynetnews.com


Trump’s Travelogue

“Man can not discover new oceans, unless he
has the courage to lose sight of the shore.”
--Andre Gide.

Don’t go to Mars without a gun.
If visiting Venus, take your fag lipstick.
Vacationing on Uranus is great fun.

A fool’s biography can be a fat haibun.
Everybody cheers the President as a prick.
Don’t go to Mars without a gun.

I have never eaten a Republican,
unless it was served to me as a trick.
Vacationing on Uranus is great fun.

Considering immigration, the work is never done;
try being a mensch, and not a political dick.
Don’t go to Mars without a gun.

Can’t be a Mexican, rather you were a Hun.
Always be clever--never be a hick.
Vacationing on Uranus is great fun.

When it comes to charm, POTUS has none;
but he loves to hear hand gun hammers click.
Don’t go to Mars without a gun.
Vacationing on Uranus is great fun.



Glenn Buttkus

Villanelle

Posted over at dVerse Poets Pub MTB

9 comments:

Frank Hubeny said...

Nice line: "A fool’s biography can be a fat haibun."

Glenn Buttkus said...

Sometimes a good dose of nonsense and satire is what's required to cheer up my day. My levity can be heavy-handed, even outrageous, but smiles are solicited.

Grace said...

What an imaginative take Glenn. I would love to take a trip to on Uranus and leave fools like POTUS behind or ship them to Black Hole.

robkistner said...

Oh wow, caustic, scalding, scorching “Don’t go to mars without a gum” scary warning, but sad how the adventure of exploring is tgthreatening to becomr full contact land grab. This is lit Glenn, sizzling lit!

robkistner said...

You make me sign that I am not a robot, when perhaps I really am! Fuvked if I am, I just publicaly denounced robotism...

robkistner said...

Wanna give you a little gift of music. This song makes mr cry, so I wanna give you the guft of tears?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8JEnXWK5-HU

Enjoy...!

robkistner said...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qFWtEgIoSDU

Sabio Lantz said...

Boy Glenn, you had fun. Made me worry a little about you, though, I must say! Smile

sarah said...

Great villanelling, and great political commentary. I'm wondering how you pronounce Uranus? The old (giggle giggle) way? Or the new way to avoid embarrassment to serious news presenters?