Thursday, September 24, 2020

Chronic Trump Fatigue Syndrome




image from pinterest.com

 Chronic Trump Fatigue Syndrome

“To argue with a man who has renounced reason, and 

whom has a contempt for humanity, is like

administering medicine to the dead .”--Thomas Paine.


I just heard a clap of thunder

that sounded like a 747 hitting

one of the twin towers, like my righteous anger

shooting from my fingertips

and cracking open the sky, followed by a deluge

pounding on our deck cover and garage roof

relentlessly, overpowering, seemingly unstoppable,

like the quintet of years of Trump’s lies, 

infantile tirades, 

braggadocio, 

dumb deflections, 

bellicose bullying, 

and defecating on our Democracy.


Ben Franklin, John Adams, and Thomas Paine

were passionate poets and patriots

who raised their Excalibur Pens and defiant voices

in order to elucidate, illustrate and illuminate

the Truth.


When it comes to the truth, Trump has

brutalized, raped, and sodomized it

in plain sight for 1,185 days.

Impervious to criticism, #45 is busy

doing his Caligula imitation while

finger-banging his beloved dictator dolls,

and spewing raw sewage from his fetid innards

onto the political landscape and the face(s)

of America. He plants his nose in the sacred

vaginas of Liberty and Justice, and his vile forked

tongue in the pliant ears of his willing lemmings.

Every night he reads Mein Kampf as his devotional.


This very day, at a press conference, he called

mail-in ballots a Democratic scam, and he would

not guarantee A peaceful transfer of power if/when

he loses the election. We’ll have to see, it depends 

on how much fraud we uncover from the Deep State.

He wants to Throw out all the mail-in ballots, 

knowing full well that 85% of his followers will show up,

maskless, in person to vote.


His malevolent disturbed nature is uncaring

of human life (210,000 dead),

of truth (23,000 lies documented),

of decency (not a shred),

of shame (never subscribed to),

of honor (a lifetime without it),

of tradition (does not respect it),

of the Constitution (has never read it).


The rabid wolf is at the door, folks;

better load the blunderbuss.



Glenn Buttkus


Meeting the Bar


Posted over at d'Verse Poet's Pub MTB

12 comments:

indybev said...

My blunderbuss is loaded by the absentee ballot I just received today to add my voice to what I hope will be the legions. My poem was a slap at the negativity that we're force fed daily by the media. We hear so much about corruption, murder and mayhem, disaster, calamity, and man's inhumanity to man, until we're suffocating. Good news is never reported. Did you know a POET won AGT this week. I followed the progress of this brilliant young man of eloquence. (Rob has the URL for his speech). Why didn't he make national headlines instead of the last protests, one wonders.

lillianthehomepoet.wordpress.com said...

Well, I'm late to the party and just posted mine....just beginning to read and with this prompt, went straight to yours first, Glenn. You did not disappoint! The opening quotation is excellent! You hit this one out of the park....now, may we do the same with the occupant between November 3rd and January! :)

Sanaa Rizvi said...

"His malevolent disturbed nature is uncaring,".. yes I believe there isn't a single good bone in his body. The man is a menace! This is exceptionally powerful, Glenn.

JadeLi said...

What in the f*ck is wrong with him, to be making statements like that today. Does he want bloodshed and a 2nd Civil war? So much more I'd like to say but the SS might come knocking if I did. I have to believe that which I have faith in will take him out one way or another.

robkistner said...

FUCK TRUMP and his NEVER-ENDING NIGHTMARE! We let the monster in, just as Germany let Adolf in.

Ken Gierke said...

I can't argue with any of this. (And I certainly wouldn't want to.)

Grace said...

I am fatigued himself with watching him tell lies without impunity. We Canadians cannot wait until you boot him out of the office. Do right this time around!

Ingrid said...

I hope you manage to get rid of him. He's been 'defecating on [y]our democracy' for far too long, and it looks as though he wants to do away with it altogether.

Kim M. Russell said...

I too have chronic Trump fatigue syndrome. I want to throw up every time I see his face, and I don’t even live in the USA. I’m still puzzled about how he became president – no dumbfounded, astounded, shocked – and how nobody has tried to take the lying misogynistic bastard out yet. If millions of people can’t vote him out, what is it going to take to stop him defecating on democracy? Where do you keep the blunderbuss?

Jane Dougherty said...

If all goes well you'll be shot of him in November and in the new year you can put him in prison. If.

brudberg said...

I fear that the worst is still to come... some things will be stuck in people's minds and it is really comforting in believing the lies.

Mish said...

Love, love, love this. I wish I had a fraction of your "data". I could actually "hear" the silence you describe. As Americans google for ways to move to Canada, it is a bit frustrating since so many have never returned the favour of visiting our country but oh now it looks pretty peachy. For the life of me, It is mind boggling how someone like this is still allowed to be president. Absurd and horrifying to watch.