Sunday, June 13, 2010

E-G#-B


E-G#-B


Recording session was fun.
Some of the kids write some nice piano music
and some of the kids sing well,
and some of the old farts hire professionals.
I got there early and found a rack of guitars
next to a comfy chair.
Picked up this Ovation six string
and made the magic sign for an E chord.
The action was so nice and smooth
that it seemed like the guitar was
sucking the music out of my fingers.
Played some blues riffs to relax.
Nice ax.
Plays better than my Martin 00018.
Plays smooth -
Plays sweet -
Plays every note that uncle Doug needs
If I could ever finish a song, or sing,
I'd want to buy one.
But I don't want to sell the Martin.
Or spend the money that could go to
hiring real musicians.
Maybe I'll just spend more time at music stores
pretending I'm gonna buy something.

Doug Palmer

Posted over on Feel Free To Laugh

1 comment:

Lane Savant said...

That looks like the one.