Monday, December 17, 2007

Movie Quotes III





Here's a few more for the peanut gallery:

"October the 2nd, 1937, an historic moment in the life of Eugene Morris Jerome. I have seen the golden palace of the Himalayas; I have seen a naked woman while I was eating ice cream. Puberty is over. Onwards and upwards."
Jonathan Silverman in BRIGHTON BEACH MEMOIRS (1986)

"I want some answers now !! I'm not interested in whatI'll understand ten years from now !" James Dean to Jim Backus in REBEL WITHOUT A CAUSE (1955)

" I seem to have offended your light of love by using a polysyllabic word."
Van Heflin in JOHNNY EAGER (1942)

" I apologize for the intelligence of my remarks, SirThomas. I had forgotten you were a member of Parliament."
George Sanders in THE PICTURE OF DORIAN GRAY (1945)

"I apologize for not being entirely honest with you. I apologize for not revealing my true feelings. I apologize for not telling you sooner that you're a degenerate, sadistic, old man. And you can go to hell before I apologize to you now or ever again."
Kirk Douglas to Adolph Menjou in PATHS OF GLORY (1957)

"I always tried to live free and above board like you...but I just couldn't find enough elbow room."
Paul Newman to Jo Van Fleet in COOL HAND LUKE (1967)

" I move around a lot. Not because I'm looking for anything really. But I'm getting away from things that get bad if I stay...the best thing that I can do is apologize. But we both know that I was really not that good at it anyway. Sorry, it didn't work out."
Jack Nicholson in FIVE EASY PIECES (1970)

"It's better to be looked over than overlooked."
Mae West in BELLE OF THE NINETIES (1934)

"I always look well when I'm near death."
Greta Garbo in CAMILLE (1936)

"I've seen women I'd looked at quicker but never one I'd looked at longer."
Clark Gable to Lana Turner in HONKY TONK (1941)

"My great aunt Jennifer ate a box of chocolates every day of her life. She lived to be a hundred and two, and when she had been dead three days, she looked healthier than you do now." Monty Woolley in THE MAN WHO CAME TO DINNER (1941)

"It looked like feeding time at the zoo...all you needed was money to start and bicarbonate to finish with." Humphrey Bogart in DEAD RECKONING (1947)

"Thanks for the compliment, but I know how I look.This is the way I look when I am sober. It's enough to make a person drink, wouldn't you say ? You see, the world looks so dirty to me when I'm not drinking. Joe, remember Fisherman's Wharf ? The water when you looked too close ? That's the way the world looks to me whenI'm not drinking."
Lee Remick to Jack Lemmon in DAYS OF WINE AND ROSES (1962)

"She threw me a look I caught in my hip pocket."
Robert Mitchum about Charlotte Rampling in FAREWELL, MY LOVELY (1975)

"You look like you just got banged by the dick of doom."
Brian Austin Green to C.Thomas Howell in K I D (1991)

"So long as the Arabs fight tribe against tribe, they will be a little people, a silly people-greedy, barbarous, and cruel."
Peter O'Toole in LAWRENCE OF ARABIA (1962)

"I'm a book man. I believe that everything in it was put there for a purpose. Deviate from the book and you better have a half a dozen good reasons. And you'll still get an arguement from me. And I don't lose arguements aboard my ship."
Humphrey Bogart in THE CAINE MUTINY (1954)

"I grant you, I may become lethargic, and quiescent. Happy when a nurse comes to put in a new catheter, or give me an enema, or to turn me over. This could become the high points of my day. I might even learn to do wonderful things, like turn the pages of a book with my eyelids. And you would look at me and say,"You see, wasn't it worth waiting?", and I would say,"Yes" and be proud of my achievements. Really proud. I grant you all that, but it doesn't alter the validity of my present situation."
Quadriplegic Richard Dreyfuss to Christine Lahti in WHOSE LIFE IS IT ANYWAY ? (1981)

No comments: